Sorry there hasn't been much in the way of new content here lately. I'm pretty swamped with life right now, and haven't had a lot of time for food. Unfortunately. I did take the time to make a giant bowl of cereal for dinner last night, which was really good, and just what I was craving. It's what my son calls "healthy breakfast".
- fruit (whatever is in season. right now mostly apples and pears, sometimes a banana, but in the summer time berries, peaches, plums, you name it)
- raw grain cereal. I use Bob's Redmill Muesli, which has several kinds of raw grain flakes, some sunflower seeds, raisins, etc.
- extra nuts (often I use walnuts, but lately I've been using organic raw cashews)
- milk, soy milk or yogurt (soy or dairy). I've tried kefir a few times, but found it too sweet. I use mostly unflavored or vanilla soy yogurt.
- extra rasins (if I've a mind)
- flax seed oil (for extra omega-3s and a nice texture)
- sometimes I add whole flax seeds for a nice crunch
good for you, filling, and relavitely low on the glycemic index.